Electrical Fires Can Cause Extensive Fire Damage to Phoenix Properties
SERVPRO Offers Electrical Fire Damage Restoration Services
Statistics from the U.S. Fire Administration indicate that electrical fires account for about 7 percent of all residential fires in the country. This figure becomes much more significant when scaled down to a specific location like Phoenix. In most cases, the fire occurs from increased use of lights and heating appliances and usually starts in the bedroom. However, the highest number of fatalities (i.e., injuries and even deaths) come from fires happening in the family room, living room, and den.
When it comes to electrical fires, you cannot afford to be tolerant. You need to contact a locally based fire damage restoration company, such as SERVPRO of Farmington / Aztec / Bloofield, to start the mitigation process as fast as possible. Some electrical fires happen due to appliance failure or problems in house wiring, but many are a result of simple mistakes such as overloading extension cords or electrical outlets. Whatever the case, our IICRC-certified technicians have the tools and expertise to reverse the damage as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Research on fire damage events has shown that faulty wiring is the leading cause of electrical fires in most homes. If your house is at least two decades old, it is highly likely to have faulty wiring behind the walls. Rodents such as rats, mice, and squirrels can find their way into these spaces and chew on electrical cords, increasing the risk of a fire disaster.
We also deal with many instances of electrical fire damage resulting from shoddy installation. Home building trades are flooding with professionals who cut corners to save time or money, including electricians. On the other hand, overloading an older electrical system with modern electrical devices can prove to be too overwhelming, leading to damages on your wiring, appliances, and even breaker boxes.
Holiday seasons are associated with the most house fires resulting from misusing extension cords. Generally, an extension cord should only serve as a temporary solution, especially when it comes to plugging several things in at once. Apart from overloading extension cords, using a frayed power cord can also lead to serious fire damage. Indeed, electricity can escape through the holes in the cord and set the surrounding materials ablaze.
In the event of an electrical fire, make sure that everyone is safe and then contact SERVPRO of Phoenix as quickly as possible to deal with the fire damage. Electrical fires come with many hidden safety hazards, so it is important to allow trained restoration experts to come in and asses the situation.
SERVPRO® of Farmington / Aztec / Bloomfield is here to help you 24/7/365 with any fire damage and restoration issue.
Please call us at 505-327-3340